Hey there! Are you enjoying your hoverboard journeys? I hope so! This two-wheeled self-balancing scooter can undoubtedly entertain you a lot. But all it is normal to face any mechanical disturbance while using a hoverboard.
Like other motor vehicles, a hoverboard may also sometimes malfunction. There are some common issues that you might face during riding on it. But don’t be upset! I’ll show you a simple way to overcome this problem.
If there is a balancing problem in your hoverboard, you can solve it by resetting the vehicle.
Now, the first question that should pop up in your mind is, how to reset a hoverboard? The procedure for resetting a hoverboard is not so complicated. But you have to follow some steps accurately. And, if you are successful in doing so, you can hope to solve the problem.
This article will describe how to reset a hoverboard. But before that, you have to know some necessary matters regarding resetting it.
Why is resetting a Hoverboard needed?
You must be curious about knowing the reasons for resetting your hoverboard. As you know, a hoverboard works using a motor. But, some sensors help the scooter to move.
A gyroscope is used to create a combination between the wheels and other parts of the hoverboard. A gyroscope is a device that is used as a motion sensor. It is used to detect the axis of rotation of an object.
In a hoverboard, a gyroscope collects data from the sensors set on the wheels. Then the data is sent to the logic board. For keeping your self-balancing device upright, this procedure is a must. Otherwise, your hoverboard will not move properly.
If the gyroscope of your hoverboard does not send accurate data to the logic board, it will cause a malfunction. In such cases, resetting or recalibrating your hoverboard is the best option.
When to Reset a Hoverboard?
Your hoverboard will show you some signs that notify you to reset it. You might notice that one side of your hoverboard is faster than the other side. Or, there can be some balancing issues. Moreover, your hoverboard might show you red flashing signs. These symptoms will not let you use your vehicle correctly.
If you face these kinds of issues, don’t leave them unsolved. Because these problems are alerting you that it is time for resetting your hoverboard. In most cases, after recalibration, the hoverboard starts to work properly again.
Resetting Procedure: How To Reset A Hoverboard?
If you can follow some steps accurately, resetting a hoverboard will be an easy task for you. Now I’m discussing the process of how to reset a hoverboard.
- First, you have to ensure that the power of your hoverboard is turned off. If you start recalibrating it without switching it off, it may damage the functions of your self-balancing motor vehicle.
- After that, keep your hoverboard on a flat surface. Uneven ground is not perfect for the recalibration process. Both sides of your hoverboard should be held at a level.
- Now, you have to push the power switch of your hoverboard for about five seconds. Release it when a beeping sound starts.
- You can see a flashing light on the hoverboard.
- The calibration process will be going on now. You have to wait for thirty seconds. Make sure that you are not pushing any buttons during this period.
- After that, you have to push the power button for the last time and switch off the hoverboard again.
- The resetting process is done! Your hoverboard is now ready to get powered on.
Isn’t it a simple procedure? I think so! The method mentioned above answers the question, how to reset a hoverboard? You can also recheck the process from the user manual of your hoverboard.
It will reduce the risk of doing anything wrong.
Resetting a Bluetooth Hoverboard
Usually, the resetting technique of a hoverboard containing a Bluetooth chip is the same as the other ones. But, a Bluetooth hoverboard does not support recalibration. It is wise not to reset such a hoverboard until it is very necessary. Because there is a chance of burning the Bluetooth chips while resetting it.
However, there is another process of resetting your hoverboard. You can use a hoverboard app for doing this task. There are some well-functioned hoverboard apps available for your android or iOS mobile. To connect your device with the hoverboards, you have to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Connect your hoverboard with your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Keep your hoverboard on a flat and leveled surface.
- Open the app and find out the ‘calibrate the unit’ option.
- You will get the proper instructions for resetting your hoverboards.
You should follow the methods shown in the apps very carefully. Any single mistake may cause harm to your self-balancing scooter.
Hopefully, You have got your tips on how to reset your hoverboard. Wait! Don’t forget to test your hoverboard after resetting it. Ride on it on different surfaces and try all the functions of your hoverboard.
If it works smoothly, you are successful in recalibrating your hoverboard. And, of course, don’t forget to share your hoverboard resetting experience with us! 🙂